Saturday, January 24, 2015

Top 10 most anticipated movies of 2015

Since my top 10 movies of 2014 is still work in progress I decided to do a list of some of my most anticipated movies of 2015. 

10. Fantastic Four - coming out on August 7, 2015

Now I've put Fantastic Four here fully aware that it could be a train wreck. Any buzz this movie got so far was pretty negative. We still didn't get any footage of this movie, so it is hard to predict what to expect from this movie. I guess I am just curious to see how will this movie pan out.


















9. Spectre - coming out on November 6, 2015

Spectre is a new James Bond movie, coming from the same director (Sam Mendes) that did previous one (Skyfall). Skyfall was very well received and was a box office success. It was truly a great film.  plCast for this film looks amazing. Aside from your regulars we will get to see Christoph Waltz playing a villain, Léa Seydoux (of Blue is the Warmest Colour fame) playing the new Bond girl, Monica Bellucci, Dave Bautista...


8.  Crimson Peak - coming out on October 16, 2015

A horror movie from Guillermo del Toro - sign me right up. Even though I feel Guillermo did much better with his Spanish movies his American movies are still very enjoyable. His Pan's Labyrinth is probably in my top 10 movies ever made and I'm hoping that with this movie he will capture that feeling I got from watching Pan's Labyrinth. 



7.  Inside out  - coming out on June 19, 2015

Pixar hasn't released a movie in a 2014 so this year it is coming out with two movies Inside Out and The Good Dinasour. While I'm excited for both movies, Inside Out seems more interesting to me. We also got to see the trailer for Inside Out, and it looks amazing. It seems that after 3 movies that weren't to that Pixar's standard we will finally get another Pixar classic. We will have to wait and see.


6. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 - coming out on November 20, 2015

After slightly disappointing Mockingjay - part 1 it is hard to not be skeptical about upcoming final chapter in The Hunger Games franchise. Especially knowing the fact that last book (which was split in two movies in the series is considered to be the weakest one. Lets just hope that this would be the same case like that with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, where the second one is vastly superior to the first one but still in its own way made me appreciate the first one more.
 


 5. The Hateful Eight -  coming out on November 13, 2015

It is hard not to be excited for the new Quentin Tarantino. I think that he is incapable of making anything but great movies (Death Proof excluded).  And this is his second western in a row. He had proved with Django Unchained that he can do a damn good western. There is still no trailer for this movie, but we now that we can expect some great dialog from this movie.
 

4. Mad Max - Fury Road - coming out on May 15, 2015

Here is one secret about me - I'm a big fan of every Mad Max movie (yes I even enjoyed Beyond Thunderdome a lot). George Miller's past couple of movies have been kids movies (sequel to Babe, and two Happy Feet movies). Now he is going back to his roots with this movie. First trailer really got me pumped for this movie. Even though movie was dealing with a budget problems, and it took a while to finish it still looks amazing (at least from the trailer). And it has one of my favorite emerging new actors Tom Hard, playing the role of Max Rockatansky.



3. Tomorrowland -  coming out on May 22, 2015

May seems to be a great month for movies with Mad Max, Avengers and this movie coming out. This is fifth movie by Brad Bird and his second live action. When you look at his resume (The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) it is hard not to get excited. With Mission Impossible he has proven that he is capable of making as great of a live action movie as he is capable of making animated ones.



2. Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens - coming out on December 18, 2015

We only got the glimpse of what to expected from this movie, and it already sparkled a bunch of debate. It is hard not to be excited for one of the most popular franchises of all time. And it would be interesting to see if JJ Abrams is going to be able to make us forget about prequels.



1. The Avengers: Age of Ultron - coming out on May 1, 2015

Marvel movies have been some of the movies I'm most looking forward each year. When I think about Marvel movies as far as what are some of my favorite ones, The Avengers easily ranks as number 1. So it is not surprising that this is my most anticipated movie of 2015. And man that first full fledged trailer was just amazing.   



No comments:

Post a Comment